Friday, March 9, 2012

Guild Wars 2 Engineer, What do we think?

I think personally that the addition of the engineer class has completely ruined guild wars 2. I can now be perfectly sure i won't buy it as this has just taken all the mythical and old weaponry and just thrown it all away, the introduction of grenades and rifles just makes the game seem silly for me.

If anyone from GW2 reads this I want you to know you have really let me and everyone I know who plays the game down. Based on this synopsis, Diablo 3 will be the game I will buy instead.Guild Wars 2 Engineer, What do we think?
I think the engineer fits perfectly well in the time and environment that Guild Wars 2 is playing in. We're 250 years into the future from the original Guild Wars, and the cyberpunk/post apocalyptic feel of the advancements since then, really fits well in such a future world. And I believe the engineer is a very well designed class - and probably a lot of fun to play, even if it requires a lot of strategy/planning ahead to get it right and to stay alive. A lot of people love playing this kind of classes (me included), and I'm glad ArenaNet catered to that part of the community. Ofcourse, not everyone has to like it, and not everyone will play it, but it's a pity you let the reveal of this one profession decide that you're not going to play this game... Guild Wars 2 will be a great game in so many ways - it would probably still be a great game even if only half of what ArenaNet have announced for it, makes it into the final game.Guild Wars 2 Engineer, What do we think?
The engineer makes sense to me and it will be one of the classes I'm looking forward to playing the most.



The current guild wars game already has gunpowder kegs, Charr explosive devices, Stone Summit Engineers and even an elaborate furnace dungeon with an Iron Forgeman boss. GW2 will be 200 years in the future. It only makes sense that their technology will have evolved a bit.



If you don't like it then it's your choice to not buy the game but I think you'll be missing out on a terrific game.Guild Wars 2 Engineer, What do we think?
Personally I would have surprised if there wasn't a class like this. One of the races explicitly states that is into technology in their intro movie after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment