Tuesday, March 6, 2012

What do you think is the best profession to play in the upcoming Guild Wars 2?

This will be the first time I'm going to play Guild Wars and I'm actually excited for the game's release. I've heard and read lots of game reviews about it so can someone tell me what's the coolest profession to play for newbies like me? I'm thinking of something like a spellcaster but I'm confused which one is the better between the Elementalist and the latest addition called Mesmer.



Thank you!What do you think is the best profession to play in the upcoming Guild Wars 2?
You state that you're a newbie, and like spellcasters. In that case I would recommend the Elementalist as your first character. It's a very versatile profession and fairly easy to learn. The Mesmer also looks like a very fun profession to play, but it is definitely the most complex of all the GW2 professions. In terms of power it shouldn't matter much... ArenaNet tries to make all professions approximately equally powerful... they just use different mechanics to achieve that.

And once you're more familiar with the game and its mechanics, you can always create a Mesmer as second character and play that as well, should you so desire.

No comments:

Post a Comment