Tuesday, March 6, 2012

What mmo should I play until the release of Guild Wars 2?

This game looks awesome and the wait's killing me. I need something to hold me off until it comes out. I had WoW but cancelled my subscription since it got boring, but I could try it out again. I looked into Guild Wars 1 but I don't know if I want to totally buy a new game and play it just for a few months, but almost every free-to-play mmo sucks. Can someone suggest a mmo or rpg? (No Runescape).What mmo should I play until the release of Guild Wars 2?
You could tray a WoW private server. Some good private servers can be lots more fun and exciting than retail, whereas others are not.What mmo should I play until the release of Guild Wars 2?
Free to Play doesn't always mean it's terrible. If you haven't given these a try:



Allods Online - WoW clone, and done very well.

Vindictus - Heavy graphics be warned.

Loong Online - Asian themed MMO

Runes of Magic - Another WoW clone.



Have a look at mmohut.com for reviews and gameplay on free to play mmos.What mmo should I play until the release of Guild Wars 2?
You don't want to play WoW or any other expensive pay as you go game, because really, Guild Wars 2 is only half a year off, and you may want more time to get into these games. Instead I suggest the much cheaper alternative, "Diablo II" with the "Lord of Destruction" expansion. Sure the graphics are over a decade old and the games in isometric, but all the CD's needed can be picked up brand new for less than 拢15 including postage. It is much more faster paced than WoW and you can get into the game in a couple of days. If the thought of playing older graphics puts you off, then also bear in mind that this game is one of the 15 best selling PC games of all time ( I'm 95% sure here) and still has thousands of users on it's battlenet. It was the best selling action rpg of all time too though I'm not sure if it still is. Apart from WoW it is also probably the most cloned game of all time too. The main strong point of the game from your point of view should be its short life, it will have you jumping up and down in your chair with excitement for a few months, before Guild Wars 2 comes out, but won't distract you from the mother of all MMO's when it does.

No comments:

Post a Comment