Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Do I need to buy Guild Wars before I buy Guild Wars 2, Nightfall, etc.?

I am thinking of buying Guild Wars but I don't know if I need to buy the original one before I buy Guild Wars 2 or any of the expansions. Thanks.Do I need to buy Guild Wars before I buy Guild Wars 2, Nightfall, etc.?
Guild Wars 2 is a new game in pre-production. It won't be released before next year.



So, for the current Guild Wars, there are 4 games. 3 are stand alone campaigns (Prophecies, Factions and Nightfall) and 1 expansion (Eye of the North).



You can buy any of the campaigns that you want and start playing immediately. You don't need any other game, but if you enjoy the game it's definitely better to own all 4 games.



Eye of the North is the only expansion and all it requires is that you own at least one of the campaigns.



The best deal for your money is to buy the trilogy pack which contains all 3 campaigns. If you can only afford to buy 1 campaign then I'd recommend starting with Prophecies. It's the first game and has the best learning curve.

No comments:

Post a Comment