Friday, March 9, 2012

Should I get guild wars even though guild wars 2 is coming out?

I hear it has to be new, or else the keycode will not work.



What retailers currently sell it? I didn't see it at my local gamestop.Should I get guild wars even though guild wars 2 is coming out?
One thing at a time.



Guild wars 2 coming out soon.



The development-team behind GuildWars 2, Arenanet, have repeatedly said "When it is done" and for good reason.

They don't want to tie themselves down with a releasedate and then have to rush the job.



There are some thoughts that it would be done in....

... a few weeks (but that's not happening, trust me)

... six months (highly unlikely)

... a year (which would be Q4 of 2011) - the far more likely alternative

... more than a year (makes little sense, since building anticipation this far in advance is detrimental to sales)



I suggest you watch the video below of one of the senior staff at Areanet getting asked this question and listen to WHY he says "when it is ready".



You can also check out my youtube-channel for up-to-the-date information on the upcoming game.





Next, your keycode-question. Yes, the key has to be unused or it is worthless to you. Basically, if it is scratched out on the card you are getting nothing for your money.



And finally, retailers. You don't NEED a local retailer to get Guild Wars. You can get it directly from NCSoft, and since there is no physical product involved, just a download, there is no delivery-time either. You will be up and running in a few minutes! I will include a link to it as well.



Enjoy!Should I get guild wars even though guild wars 2 is coming out?
First, yes, the game has to be new or the keycode wont work.



Second, since Guild Wars 2 isnt coming out for about a year, I would say go ahead and get GW1. That way you will be able to get through the storyline and campaign of GW1 before heading into GW2. Plus, you can start working on doing all the things you need to do to earn in game rewards for GW2.



I know my Walmart sells them all, but if your's doesnt you could always just order it online from Amazon or Gamestop.

No comments:

Post a Comment