Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Should I be able to run Guild Wars 2?

I have an Hp pavilion dv6-1230us laptop with 4gb ram and an intel GMA 4500MHD video card. I used to run Guild Wars 1 on my hp pavilion dv6000 with NVIDIA GeForce 8400m GS graphics card and a mere 1gb ram, and the game played quite well. I was wondering how well the new pavilion will run Guild Wars, and Guild Wars 2 when it comes out. Thanks in advance.Should I be able to run Guild Wars 2?
It is not possible to answer that question about Guild Wars 2 yet, as the requirements for GW2 have not been released yet.

All I can say is, that the, although the extra 3GB of system memory is a good thing, the GMA 4500MHD graphics chip is not terribly great for the new generation games. So while it should be able to run the original Guild Wars just fine, it may have problems with Guild Wars 2. It is unlikely that you will be able to run GW2 at high resolution/detail, but if this combination will work at all, or exactly how well it will run, will only become clear once they have revealed the minimum requirements of that game.

No comments:

Post a Comment